Apr 17, 2011

Modular Gaming Board

Pff, it is done! These are my immediate feelings :)

This was one of the bigger things I have done. Taking a lot of space to work on, as well as time. Well, after 2 months, our hall can actually be walked through :)

This huge thing is a 6 piece modular gaming board, with semi fixed terrain. That means the forests and tower can be removed, but there is a rim denoting the place where they belong. Also, the other terrain pieces are glued to the board. Hopefully, it is still variable enough through the individual board positioning, so it will be interesting to play on. Speaking of which, I still have to carry this behemont to my gaming club U vycpaného pásovce.  I am having a test game on it on Monday, so will see how well it plays. Hopefully, it is not just nice, but also usable. We'll see.

Also, huge thanks to my girlfriend, who helped me immensely, during the whole process. And I am not talking about her being supportive, I mean her actually doing most of the trees, flocking.. well laying her hand on almost every part of the board in one way or another :)

In the future, I might write up a tutorial on doing modular boards, but with this one, I screwed too many things up, to really advise anyone on following my footsteps.










6 comments:

  1. Really nice table, i wish i had room for somethink like that in my apartment:-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, this will be moved to my local gaming club, as there is no way I could find room for something like that in my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gwinn, you have some amazing terrain, scenery and miniatures on your blog. They look fantastic.

    Would you mind if I showed some of them on my Miniatures Gallery blog ? I will link back to your blog and credit you.

    Keep up the good work !
    Sigmar
    my WFB log
    my WFB forum

    BTW, you're welcome to join our forum if you would like to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, glad you like it :) Feel free to link to it and/or show these images on your blog.

      Regards, Gwinn

      Delete
  4. Thanks very much Gwinn, your modelling work here is superb !

    I'll let you know when I have posted the article.

    Sigmar

    ReplyDelete