Feb 17, 2011

Wolfen Predator of Blood by Rackham

This miniature was major experiment for me. I always struggle with colour choices, often repainting certain areas multiple times, until I settle for a final tone. So I decided to paint this guy in a limited palette, using mainly blue for shadows, pale yellow for highlights and a bit of red brown for the straps. I wanted to make him look moonlit and in the end, I was very pleased with the result. It is not my smoothest paintjob, but the limited palette thing worked nicely and the vivid blood (done with Tamiya Clear red) really pops. Hope you like him.

Also, I forgot to mention. If you have any questions, suggestions on what to improve or comments in general, I'd love to hear. I appreciate constructive criticism a lot, even if I will not repaint the current model, I always like to hear what people like about it or what they think could be improved.



No comments:

Post a Comment